Entries are now open for the 2018 edition of Rising Stars Europe – WRA’s annual initiative designed to celebrate the future leaders of the refining and petrochemical industry.
Entrants must submit a 200-word abstract addressing the pressing issue of talent retention in the industry:
‘If you were CEO for the day, what strategies would you put in place to attract young students to the downstream industry?’
Get the recognition you/your team members deserve:
- Get a massive pat on the back for all your hard work and innovation displayed over the past year
- Have your entry judged by an expert panel of industry leaders as well as the ERTC delegates in November
- All qualified nominees get a 25% discount to attend ERTC and the Top 5 get a free ticket
- Be profiled in Digital Refining, PTQ, and WRA as an ERTC Rising Star
- Nominating? Increase your team’s morale and motivation
- Showcase your talents in front of your Europe’s largest gathering of leadership
- As a leader or manager, help retain talent in the industry
How does it work?
Simple. Whether you want to put yourself forward, or you are a manager with superstars in your team, then simply submit your details here, with a 200-word reason as to why you/or the person you are nominating should be on the list.
- Call for nominations – deadline Friday 28th September 2018
- The shortlist is selected by our judges
- The shortlist is released and profiled on PTQ, Digital Refining and to the WRA database
- The judges meet to discuss the shortlist to condense a Top 5
- The Top 5 of will be invited to attend ERTC for free
- The Top 5 will present a short presentation (max 3 slides) in front of the conference delegation on the issue of talent retention
- The presentations will be discussed by the judges and a voted on by the audience
- The winner will be announced live at the end of ERTC day 2
- Aged 30 or under in November 2018
- Currently work for a refiner or petrochemical producer
- At least three years’ experience in the downstream industry (petrochemical or refining)
- Your answer to this year’s question in no more than 200 words
Previous winners of Rising Stars have gone on to appear as speakers themselves at our conference including last year’s winner Pedro Medina from CEPSA joining this year’s talent panel and MERTC’s finalist Raad Mulla who is presenting this year on Energy Recovery Technology in Saudi Aramco’s Yanbu Refinery.