Rising Stars 2018 Judging Panel
FuelsEurope and Concawe
Vice President Process Technology
President and CEO
If you cannot see the full list of speakers required for this page please make sure you have ordered all speakers in your custom list.
Edit Custom Order Here »
Only administrators can see this message
Entries are now open for the 2018 edition of Rising Stars Europe – WRA’s annual initiative designed to celebrate the future leaders of the refining and petrochemical industry.
Entrants must submit a 200-word abstract addressing the pressing issue of talent retention in the industry:
‘If you were CEO for the day, what strategies would you put in place to attract young students to the downstream industry?’
Why nominate yourself?
- Get the recognition you deserve
- Get a massive pat on the back for all your hard work and innovation displayed over the past year
- Get you name heard by our esteemed industry judges – John Cooper, Director General, Concawe, Andrea Amoroso, Vice President of Downstream and Midstream, ENI and Jean Sentenac, CEO, Axens as well as the 600+ delegates at ERTC this November
- All qualified nominees get a 25% discount to attend ERTC and the Top 5 finalists get a free ticket
- Be profiled in Digital Refining, PTQ and WRA as an ERTC Rising Star
- Showcase your talents and enhance your profile in front of your Europe’s largest gathering of leadership
Why nominate as a leader or manager?
How does it work?
Simple. Whether you want to put yourself forward, or you are a manager with superstars in your team, then simply submit your details here, with a 200-word reason as to why you/or the person you are nominating should be on the list.
- Call for nominations – deadline extended to Friday 19th October 2018
- The shortlist is selected by our judges
- The shortlist is released and profiled on PTQ, Digital Refining and to the WRA database
- The judges meet to discuss the shortlist to condense a Top 5
- The Top 5 will be invited to attend ERTC for free
- The Top 5 will present a short presentation (max 3 slides) in front of the conference delegation on the issue of talent retention
- The presentations will be discussed by the judges and voted on by the audience
- The winner will be announced live at the end of ERTC day 2
- Aged 30 or under in November 2018
- Currently work for a refiner or petrochemical producer
- At least three years’ experience in the downstream industry (petrochemical or refining)
- Your answer to this year’s question in no more than 200 words
Previous winners of Rising Stars have gone on to appear as speakers themselves at our conference including last year’s winner Pedro Medina from CEPSA joining this year’s talent panel and MERTC’s finalist Raad Mulla who is presenting this year on Energy Recovery Technology in Saudi Aramco’s Yanbu Refinery.