KBC Discussion Paper
A Refinery Strategy for the 0.5% Sulphur Bunker Fuel World
In October 2016, the International Maritime Organization (IMO) decided to implement the strict level of stack emissions equivalent to burning 0.5 percent Sulphur residue bunker fuel from 2020 rather than 2025. Now is the time to assess what choices are available and the decisions to be made for a strategic pathway forward.
KBC have put together this whitepaper to help you find out:
- The effects of this new regulation on the shipping, bunkering and refining industries
- How different regions have the capacity to comply with the new regulation
- Dedicated case study from a refinery in the Mediterranean
- The risks and opportunities
Joris Mertens, Senior Staff Consultant at KBC Advanced Technologies will be addressing IMO at on Day 1 of ERTC in November. Their session titled: Residue Hydrotreating in a 0.5% Sulphur Bunker Fuel World will address all the challenges.
The session will cover:
- How far will the high sulphur fuel market contract in 2020?
- An overview of the shipping industry’s response and the steps taken by the refining industry to date
- Presenting a methodology for the optimization path
- The role of refinery modelling
Download the paper here: